Saturday, 9 July 2016

SWEET HEART

Today I have a crochet project to share which I absolutely loved making.  So much so, I couldn't wait to get up this morning to finish it.  It's the longest I've sat in my pyjamas for on a Saturday morning!


The original tutorial for this heart comes from the wonderfully talented Lucy at Attic24. I'll never look at pipe cleaners in the same way again!  I chose to cover the pipe cleaners in my project with a band of double crochet.  I also used 20 flowers instead of 18 and sewed them on rather than gluing.  For the flower detail I used french knots and some East of India heart shell buttons.

I used Scheepjes Catona Yarn which can be purchased by contacting the lovely Sue at Sweetpea Family Blog.




Supplies:  White Pipe Cleaners, Scheepjes Catona Yarn - Light Silver, Powder Pink, Lilac Mist, Willow, Scheepjes 20mm Wooden Button, Clearly Besotted Rounded Tag Die, Kraft Cardstock, East of India Shell Buttons

3 comments:

June K said...

Wow, totally gorgeous!!!

Cara said...

This is fabulous, I need to learn to crochet now! Cara x

Hayley said...

This is beautiful x