Thursday, 19 December 2013

GOING CRACKERS

I like to make my own crackers at Christmas, that way I can add interesting treats inside.  I won't say what's in them this year as I don't want to spoil the surprise!


I tend to buy the kits from Hobbycraft and tart them up a little with pretty papers.  They come with hats and jokes.  I used Clearly Besotted's Holiday Sentiments stamp set, the small holy leaves, berries and sentiment were the perfect size for my circle.  The papers are from Stampin Up but I've had them so long they are probably discontinued now. I made the rosettes with Tim Holtz paper rosette die.

I hope your preparations are going well, happy crafting !

Clearly Besotted Holiday Sentiments
Stampin Up Papers
Sizzix Paper Rosette Die
Hobbycraft Kraft Cracker Kit

4 comments:

Vicky said...

They're fabulous - so much better than shop bought! :)xx

Diane said...

Great crackers Mandy. Love handmade things at Christmas.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous crackers Mandy, I love the idea of adding what you want inside. I love how you have decorated them too. Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas xxx

Julie Kitchener said...

oh just fabulous!!!!!