Tuesday, 30 April 2013

ONE FOR THE GIRLS

I learnt to crochet when I was quite young.  My mum was a whiz with a crochet hook.  Not only did she make clothes for my Sindy and Barbie dolls, I also had the pleasure of wearing some of her creations.  My favourite was a poncho she made for me and my best friend.  We loved wearing them and pretended we were sisters!

I tend to make smaller items to give as gifts, these flower brooches are my latest project for our One for the Girls challenge over at Let's Craft and Create.  You can find the pattern for them on Cindy's blog Skip to my Lou.
Once again the design team have some wonderful projects to share with you, come and check them out here.

6 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Mandy
These are gorgeous...my mium was a fabulous crocheter... And knitter... My children had loads of Ponco's my Mum made... And she crocheted a Bikini for Vlaire my daughter.. But she never went in water in it.... Just incase it dropped..., she was a nout 3 at the time.... Lol...
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Gibmiss said...

Few spelling mistakes there i am getting tired... Nigh night
Hugs sylvie
Daughters name Clairex

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely gorgeous Mandy!!! :) xx ♥

Ira Huberts said...

Fabulous crochet work Mandy, looking good! Thanks for your sweet comment, take care, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Katie Berberich said...

Oh Mandy, these are stunning and what wonderful memories you have.
You should definitely try a granny square blanket, the end result is worth all the effort 10 times over. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog.
Hugs,
Katie x

Eileen said...

Gorgeous flowers, I really must give these a go somtime.