Saturday, 21 January 2012

There's still time to join us over at Let's Craft and Create for our butterfly challenge.




For this card I used Craft Concepts Dandelion Whisper embossing folder, a butterfly die cut from Melissa Frances 5th Avenue papers, and layered with more cut from pages of an old book (difficult to see in this photo).  Finished it off with a double ended banner, Waltzingmouse sentiment and a little stitching.

I have quite a few embossing folders and really don't use them enough. They can look quite stunning and elegant.  This photo really doesn't do the dandelions any justice as they really pop out from the card in real life!

It was this gorgeous card by Steph that made me dust off my embossing folders...thank you Steph!

Craft Concept Dandelion Whisper Embossing Folder
My Favourite Things Butterflies Die-namics
Papertrey Ink Double Ended Banners Die
Waltzingmouse Frame It Stamp Set
Melissa Frances 5th Avenue Papers

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Mandy. Embossing Folders are making a comeback here too!
So difficult to get a good photo of the embossing though as you say. Steph's card is a beauty thanks for the link. Enjoy your day. xxx

Marlou McAlees said...

this is just gorgeous Mandy :) i know what you mean about not making enough use from embossing folders, i have loads!! and had the cheek to buy another .... LOL its the hearts by I think crafts too ... better use it ... lol...maybe we should do an embossing challenge??? :) xxx

Stephanie said...

Beautiful Mandy & I'm doing a happy dance because I managed to inspire someone as talented as you! xxx

Ribbon Girl said...

A beautiful and very elegant card Mandy! Mary G

Auntie Em said...

Very pretty! I like the butterfly stitched on. I have the same issue with my embossing folders. Once I get them out and dust them off I am so happy with the results.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Donna said...

Stunning card Mandy, the qhitework looks amazing and I love how you have stitched the butterfly :) Donna ♥ x