Sunday, 13 November 2011

NEEDLE AND THREAD...

I use my sewing machine to decorate my cards, but yesterday I decided to actually sew fabric!  Here's what I came up with....



My intention is to make some little Christmas gift sacks to pop special little gifts into.  Before cutting into newly purchased fabric from John Lewis I decided to have a play  to see what I could come up with.



After making the sack, I couldn't resist making a little matching lavender cushion.  Needless to say my craft room smells wonderful this morning.....I got it everywhere!

The Ribbon Girl Lace, Buttons
Papertrey Ink Butterfly and Heart Dies
Paper and String Felt
Calico Fabric
Blue Check Cotton Fabric
Grosgrain Ribbon
White Embroidery Floss

9 comments:

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Mandy, these are totally adorable!!!! cannot wait to see your John Lewis fabric, I cant wait to get a new machine, mine is in the dump now :( email you later :) xxx

Jacee said...

How gorgeous Mandy, another fabulous project, your work is always stunning!
Hugs Jacee

Donna said...

Ahhhh Mandy this is gorgeous especially with the blue gingham and the lace, a really beautiful way to present a gift :) Donna x

nessy said...

wow!! these are just gorgeous and so beautifully made ~a perfect gift for any lady!!
vanessa xx

Lavender Rose said...

Absoultely gorgeous, wish I could sew, it's such a pretty little bag.

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely work Mandy - love the bag which is a gift in itself! and the little lavender cushion! Mary G x

Terrie B x said...

Ooooh Mandy this bag is `delicious` I love love them..espesh with the smell of lavender!TFI
Have a lovely Evening:) xxx

Vicky said...

They're beautiful Mandy. A gift to treasure. I got a lavender bag from a friend a couple of Christmases ago, nothing better than a handmade gift. :)xx

Stephanie said...

*sigh* Mandy, your blog is just so beautiful & always such a pleasure to visit....can you pop round & teach me how to sew? ;) xxx