Sunday, 6 February 2011

PINK PETTICOAT VINTAGE ROSE


I was lucky enough to win one of Liz's amazing Vintage Rose Paper Pads from the Pink Petticoat Blog Hop.  It arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to get started!

Here's what I came up with last night.


The colours and patterns of these papers are so delicate and feminine.  I used a tag that's been soaked in tea, I love how each tag comes out differently depending on it's position in the bowl....if you haven't tried tea dying before...it's fun and easy to do.

The butterfly is made up from a patchwork of the papers as is the square behind it. To finish off the card I distressed some lace using Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink and added some wrinkled seam binding, together with a distressed doiley!

I'm entering this card into Papertake Weekly's challenge which is Anything Goes with the option of adding flowers.

I will share another project using the same papers very soon.

Pink Petticoat: Vintage Rose Papers.  Papertrey Ink: Love Lives Here Butterfly Die, Large Butterfly Die.  The Ribbon Girl: Seam Binding, Button, Natural Twine, White Lace

7 comments:

jackid said...

A very pretty card Mandy and very girly looking it's beautiful
Jacki xx

Terrie B x said...

Hi Mandy
Your card is soo elegantly `beautiful` love to see your creations!!!!You are a beautiful crafter ...
Liz will love them !!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend:) xxx

Cherry's Jubilee said...

soo pretty! love the butterfly. cherry

debby4000 said...

Adorable, gorgeous card Mandy.
luv
Debby

nessy said...

oh this is delightful and so very pretty!!
vanessa xx

Jacee said...

Hiya Mandy, such a pretty card,love the butterfly!
Hugs Jacee

Vicky said...

Fabulous Mandy. Love the distressing. I wish I could get mine to look like that! :)xx