Tuesday, 4 January 2011

JUST A NOTE...


It's time for our first challenge of 2011 at Let's Craft and Create. We'd love to see your creations based on our theme of Just A Note....which means anything at all to do with notes.  Thank You Notes, Notelets, Notebooks and Musical Notes are just some examples.
 


I created these Thank You Notes for gifts I received at Christmas.


By using a selection of papers and different buttons each one of these note cards is an original in it's own right.

Then for a different take on the theme I used Musical Notes on the following Birthday Card.  I just love Tim Holtz Tissue Tape.  These come in  packs of 2 rolls, each roll is 16 yards long and ¾" wide!  The musical notes are from his Symphony range.




I used natural jute button twine to crochet the flower embellishment and behind that is another Tim Holtz favourite.... an Idea-ology Journaling Ticket, which I stamped my sentiment onto.




Then, to finish off, I made a matching tag!


For all the information of our Just A Note challenge come and visit us here, we'd really love it if you pop by. Our giveaway for this challenge is a little something I've made.

Papertrey Ink: Signature Greetings Stamp Set, Just the Ticket Stamp Set.  Basic Grey: Nook and Pantry Papers.  Tim Holtz: Idea-ology Journaling Tickets, Symphony Tissue Tape.  The Ribbon Girl: Natural Jute Button Twine, Natural Lace.  Cuddly Buddly:  Cork Paper

13 comments:

Gerda said...

Happy New Year Hon

Hope 2011 will be a good year for you. The new cards are adorable, I love the 3D-look of the butterflies!!

Hugs, Gerda aka Stampfairy

SallyB said...

Hi Mandy...
Happy New Year to you...
These Butterfly notelets are just adorable! So beautiful!!!!
I love the white on white layering and the pretty floral paper you have used.

Jacee said...

Oh Mandy how adorable, I just love those little notelets, what a wonderful idea, love them!

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning creations Mandy, those butterfly notelets are very effective. Happy New year to you.x

Hugs

Sarah

Aimes said...

Love those butterfly notes, Mandy! So simple in design and effective!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Pauline said...

Beautiful butterfly cards, so lovely and clean!

simplyfairies said...

Such prettiness Mandy, I love them all...

nessy said...

what a perfect idea for notelets and sooooooo pretty!
vanessa xx

Viola Mahr said...

oh, what a beautiful, shabby card and tag set... I love the sweet, homey feel of shabby, and you did it perfectly on this card. Thank you for sharing! I'm going to check out the rest of your sweet little blog...

hugs,
Vio <3
www.violamahr.typepad.com

Ribbon Girl said...

love he butterfly cards! Mary x

Laura - The Stampin' Soldier said...

Georgeous blog!!!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow, just beautiful! Lovely work. Kim

Donna said...

Wow Mandy, these are stunning...I'm loving the CAS design...the butterflies are beautiful :) Donna x