Sunday, 3 January 2010

SCRAP-TASTIC SUPER STARS....

Papertrey Ink's Nicole Heady has not only challenged her Senior DT this month, she has challenged everyone to use up some of those scraps ...... yes, those little pieces of card and paper that have accumulated into a very large pile on or under your desk!! I hate throwing away pieces of lovely designer paper and cardstock that 'might' just come in useful. This is a great challenge and the Senior DT came up with some fabulous ideas and inspiration.

I love diddy cards so was very taken with Betsy Veldman's 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" cards. These are a great size for scraps of cardstock, she has a fabulous idea for envelopes too !

I also really liked how Michelle Wooderson used old music sheets....I knew exactly where my daughter had a stash of these !!


The challenge at A Passion for Papertrey is Super Stars, so that's the theme I went with for my little diddy card. The paper and button are from PTI. I used my new JustRite font set for the sentiment....I'm loving this set!

13 comments:

Caryn said...

Hi Mandy, this is a great card - and that is a fab challenge too. I love using up bits and pieces that might have ended up in the bin!!

Happy new year.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Diane said...

Fab card....love the use of those old music sheets....are a favorite of mine, too!

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Love this creation Mandy, am trying hard to use up some of my scraps
Caroline xx

Crafty Dawn said...

Yummy as always, looking around love the balloons with buttons where on earth do you get the idea to do that love them so much

Love Dawn xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
Love your fantastic card!
hugs
kim x

Sue Lelli said...

No, YOU rock! What a FAB card!

lynn said...

this is very cute!

Elisa said...

This is lovely.What a great idea to use the music sheets.x

sandra@gottacraft.co.uk said...

Just loving this card. You always get me feeling inspired.

Happy New Year
Sandra

Aimes said...

Gorgeous! What a fab combination of inspiration from the PTI Senior DT! I'm loving the little cards too - gotta get my envies sorted first though ;D
Thanks so much for entering our challenge!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Helen F. said...

Mandy, this is a great little card. Love how you combined all the challenges with one fabulous card.

Dana said...

I like it!

AuroraDawn said...

Gorgeous card Mandy, I love that you've so many scraps ...